IFES Community Forum
Register an account to enable posting and replying in all sections.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

IFES Community Forum
Register an account to enable posting and replying in all sections.
IFES Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fledgling ATC Questions...

2 posters

Go down

Fledgling ATC Questions... Empty Fledgling ATC Questions...

Post by weecabin Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:51 pm

I've been getting my feet wet controlling, and have a few of questions for you veterans. I'll list them below, but it may make sense to make a separate topic for each one. Let me know what you think. I"m sure this list will grow the more controlling I do...

1) In airports with parallel runways where there is no wind, is it acceptable to make the Left runways on opposite sides the departure and landing runways? I did this a few times, to keep taxi distances short. The only problem I notice is that (Take Ontario as an example) if I have someone landing on 08L, and someone departing on 26L, they could have problems if the departing aircraft turns in front of the landing AC.

2) What's the best way to handle people that don't listen?
2.1) I'm using one side of the AP for departures and landings, and the AC wants to takeoff from the other end.
2.2) Inbound AC won't listen to my runway specification
You can't ignore these guys because you'll get the "no response for 1min, shutting you down" message.

I guess most of the issues I have were when the wind was low, and all runways were painted green, so the AC thought they could depart or land wherever they wanted.

weecabin

Back to top Go down

Fledgling ATC Questions... Empty Answer to 2.2

Post by Owen Kreisler Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:04 pm

I don't know the answers to the other ones but for 2.2 just report them and even though it says "controller rating to low to report" it still works:)

Owen Kreisler

Back to top Go down

Fledgling ATC Questions... Empty Re: Fledgling ATC Questions...

Post by weecabin Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:10 pm

I did hit the report button once, and got the rating response. I'll keep doing it then

weecabin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Shaw Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:16 pm

If all runways are green, you may have aircraft departing in one direction and arriving facing the other way with no problem... that's perfectly fine to do. The other aircraft shouldn't enter or cross the other runway without permission in the first place.

I ghost people who don't listen lol... but since you can't do that, just handle them the best you can. Same goes for any AC that won't listen to runway change commands.

Daniel Shaw
Admin, Developer / Media and Communications Director
Admin, Developer / Media and Communications Director

http://millionairaviation.wix.com/millionair-aviation

Back to top Go down

Post by weecabin Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:19 pm

Great, thanks. It makes it nice for me to use both ends, but I thought it might be bad practice

weecabin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum